1. Random guy playing saxophone across the street from my hostel - everybody else on this block are drunken louts, but he makes a better impression. This also reminds me of how much spontaneous singing and music playing I happened to be around when exploring this city (and no, not from buskers, but private citizens…and a choir full of elderly people). Coincidence? Maybe. Enjoyable? Yes.
2. (45 Rue des Tourneurs) The pros of this wine bar are as follows: it makes it’s own liqueur (see #3), the walls inside are decorated with these somber landscape murals, the owner is chatty. The cons? The wine portions are tiny, the owner is chatty
3. Quinquina, and the tree bark used to make it
4. Discussion time: why do hobos always have dogs with them?
5. And are merry-go-rounds less pointless if they look this cool?